Friday 14 August 2015

Lesser-grey Shrike and 30 Blue-cheeked Bee-eaters

On my way back from checking the BCBs this morning I crossed paths with my first Lesser-grey Shrike of the season. We should be about half way through the first wave of these migrants so I've been expecting them for a few days now.



BCB numbers rose to 30 yesterday evening. Here's a short video of four of them.





While I was watching the Purple Swamphens I heard a strange high pitched trilling - searched for the source and was very surprised to see this bat hawking for insects. I don't know what species it is. Any suggestions are welcome.



No comments:

NW India - 9th to 22nd February 2020 (Kosi River, Corbett NP, Haripur Dam, Pangot, Sattal, Chopta, Walterre)

If you look through the Birds of the Indian Subcontinent (Grimmett, Inskipp and Inskipp, 2011) you cannot help noticing the huge range of s...