Wednesday 12 August 2015

Déjà vu, Blue-cheeked Bee-eaters

August 27th last year - I posted BCBs at Besor Reservoir. Today I stopped by for a quick look-see and was greeted by four BCBs flying over the water. I spotted several more perching on the pumping station fence and as I approached I flushed (accidentally) many more. Long story short, the original four plus 11 others. When I returned to the car I saw several sitting in the same tree as last year. Also, the first Kingfisher of the autumn, the Marsh Harrier is still here and the Purple Swamphen was swimming with two chicks.




 

Joined by a Rufous Bush-robin.
 (and pose . . . .)

And a final one from the car park.


No comments:

NW India - 9th to 22nd February 2020 (Kosi River, Corbett NP, Haripur Dam, Pangot, Sattal, Chopta, Walterre)

If you look through the Birds of the Indian Subcontinent (Grimmett, Inskipp and Inskipp, 2011) you cannot help noticing the huge range of s...