Thursday 10 November 2011

Sardinian warbler

I didn't get to the fields as early as I wanted to this morning. However, I only had to wait for 10 minutes before a superb male hen harrier passed close by. As luck would have it my camera was in the car and the car was 100 m away.

I collected the camera was was immediately rewarded with this Sardinian warbler. By no means a rarity, it's still a lovely bird.


Looking North I could see huge flocks of larks flying up from the fields. Further on a peregrine set off a flock of 117 lapwings.

Black kites were everywhere today - either resting on the irrigation pipes or circling the thermals.

A quick check of the cow sheds on the way home produced a couple of Sparrowhawks that had this effect on the wintering Starlings . . .

No comments:

NW India - 9th to 22nd February 2020 (Kosi River, Corbett NP, Haripur Dam, Pangot, Sattal, Chopta, Walterre)

If you look through the Birds of the Indian Subcontinent (Grimmett, Inskipp and Inskipp, 2011) you cannot help noticing the huge range of s...