Monday 13 May 2013

Black-headed Bunting

Great morning at Sde Boqer. First off, I saw my first Striped Hyena attempting to cross the road on my way to work. A beautiful beast. It scarpered before I could park and get my camera.

Bird of the Month (for me at least) was found by Darren Burns in the nets this morning. A female Black-headed Bunting! This is the first ringing record at Sde Boqer since May 2008. A great find.



Quite a few species ringed today including Marsh Warbler and Barred Warbler, Crested Lark, Masked Shrike. The tail-end of migration definitely has a few surprises left!

No comments:

NW India - 9th to 22nd February 2020 (Kosi River, Corbett NP, Haripur Dam, Pangot, Sattal, Chopta, Walterre)

If you look through the Birds of the Indian Subcontinent (Grimmett, Inskipp and Inskipp, 2011) you cannot help noticing the huge range of s...